Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When I first got my cuttlebug, I went wild buying folders and embossing quarter sheets of card stock. I still have at least a dozen sheets left from that time, almost two years ago! There are two reasons why this embossed flower sheet was still around. First, I don't really like Taken With Teal, second, I was baffled by how to use this particular folder. I decided to use the darling little boy from Artistic Outpost's Playtime sheet in the middle of the flower. I popped him up on foam. I then thought I needed something more, but what? Well, when in doubt, put glitter on it, that's what I always say! So, I outlined all the embossed parts with Beetle Black Sugar Coating from Doodlebug. I stamped the sentiment in TH Black Soot, and embossed with Holographic ep. Finally, I dragged out my SU! gingham, which I haven't used in years, and added that as my final touch.

This card has a similar story. I was trying to use some of my cb embossed quarter sheets. This is also from AO's Playtime sheet. I stamped the wagon in TH Dusty Concord. I glued some little buttons on the corners, and outlined the main image in Art Institute glitter in Azure, it looks beautiful with Almost Amethyst. Since I had the gingham out, I went ahead and used it on this card as well.

By the Way, make sure you stop by and see AO's newest plate!! I'll be posting my projects here soon!

"Keeper" is the newest plate from Artistic Outpost featuring nostalgic images from the lazy, hazy days of summer. On this plate you get 7 deeply etched images, including a snapshot of a boy with his first catch and a scenic view of a wonderful summer cabin. We're sure you'll love the versatility of this plate.

5 comments:

Ann-Denise Anderson said...

Nice to meet you Carla,
Thank you for the lovely comment and for stopping by! I'm glad you find my work speechless I wish for nothing less!LOL Hope you come by often!
Have a creative day,
Ann-Denise
P.S. Super cards!!!

Carolina said...

I'm so lovin' the vintage images and your making such sweet cards with them - TFS!

Jenn said...

Lovely cards Carla! Love the sweet images and the CB background. I left you something on my blog so when you get a second, please stop by! :D

Lauren said...

These are so cool. The way you outlined the embossing is awesome!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

super cute...thanks for sharing.