Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sassy Skull




This Creative Play Stamps set always surprises me! I really enjoy using quirky combinations with it, and usually am so pleased with the results. There's lots of SU! copper here, including cord, brads, card stock and embossing powder. There's also Copper Stickles. I used SU! grosgrain and added some sophistication with a small piece of satin ribbon, and the cord. The copper swirls on the Sassafrass Lass DP are from CPS's Polkadots and Flourishes. I punched the Basic Black card stock with Marvy's Giga Scalloped Oval. I very lightly sponged the edges with Encore's fab copper pad as a finishing touch.

3 comments:

Carolina said...

Ohhh, love it! The embossing and the yummy ribbon with the cord is the perfect touch!

Juli Smith, said...

Carla - I think you are the queen of quirky combinations! lol Despite the skull image (wink) I really like all the metal you use here. Who would have thought \"heavy metal\" could look like this?! ROFL :o

BTW - what occasion would you send this card for? Over the hill birthday maybe? It's too elegant to be a Halloween card - and I can't seem to break the Halloween/skulls link anyway - too conservative I guess! lol

Jules

Veronica said...

WOW, this is awesome. I hope I am on your halloween card list... wow. but then your art is always amaizng. love it