Friday, July 4, 2008

Graduation Card

This isn't the greatest card I've ever made, but I'm posting it anyway for a couple of reasons. First, I had the little cap stamp from an old SU! set, but no sentiment. I was trying to remember what I had that would work well with the cap, when I ran across my favorite old Spiritual Sentiments set. I thought, "What could possibly be more appropriate for a young person striking out on their own than a word from God?" Forget all those schmaltzy sentiments, go to the Word!

Second, this is just a library pocket, and it's perfect for cash, checks or a gift card. Oh, and one last reason I posted this card: eighth graders aren't as sophisticated as you are, they won't know this isn't a FAB card!

Hope you're having a Happy 4th! We're celebrating tomorrow. We're going back to CO, to DH's parents' ranch, where we're having a huge family reunion for two days. Sun, fun, and more family than we even knew we had-sounds good, huh?

2 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

This is a great grad card! I really like how you embossed it in gold and colored in the caps like that. Very pretty effect. Hope you and your family had a wonderful 4th!

Carolina said...

I think it's a wonderful graduation card - the embossing is just perfect and so creative how it's in the front instead of inside. Hope you had a wonderful weekend visiting family!