Friday, July 18, 2008

Rosie the Riveter






I read on one of my message boards that you could stamp with Glimmer Mist, but there were never any details posted. I tried several times, and never got any usable images. But I did think it might look cool if I stamped on top of the GM image, and that is what I did here. It might work better with a lighter GM, like Antique Bronze, instead of this Candy Apple Red. I don't think it's something I would do again, but it added a little more depth and interest to this particular card. These stamps are from Artistic Outpost's Hero set. You can see the detail of the image a little better on the envelope, it's rich with detail and depth. One of the things I like best about AO stamps, is that you can usually use parts of the images. It's fun to grab a section that interests you and feature it on a project. You definitely do not have to use the stamp in its entirety every time. I used only part of this stamp on the envelope, and you get no feeling that something is missing there.

No comments: