Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pretty Purse






I love this ADORABLE little purse from Creative Cuts and More! It was so quick to make, and I am so happy with the way it turned out. This would be perfect holding a piece of jewelry or a gift card for one of the women in your life.

All I did here was stamp the fleur-de-lis in VersaMark and emboss it in SU! Antique Gold Glaze. Then I took a Crafty Secrets chipboard tag, and smooshed it in the VM pad and embossed it in the same EP. While it was still hot, I pressed in the Dew Drop. I am out of this glaze, and SU! doesn't sell it any more, but you can get it from other companies. Glaze embossing powders are very chunky, and are designed for techniques like this tag, because they put on a thick layer. You can get the same effect from regular ep by just either dipping the item back into the ep before it dries and reheating, or waiting until it has dried and pressing it into your VM pad, then the powder, then heating.

Most people would not use a glaze for a detailed stamp like this fleur-de-lis, because it lumps up and doesn't show detail. I like to use it for detailed images, because I like the imperfect look it gives. I prefer things sort of messy and imperfect, perfect symmetry makes me a little uncomfortable!

My final touches were to combine a length of pink embroidery floss with a length of gold crochet thread to tie the tag to the purse, and I added some gold Stickles dots around the edge of the purse.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE it Carla...absolutely FABulous! The Fleur de Lis is perfect for the purse!

toners said...

What fun! Love all that gold!

Laurel said...

Love it! Pink is my favorite color!

Lauren said...

Fabulous - the pink and gold are perfect for this!

Carolina said...

What a darlin' purse - love the gold embossing!