Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Simple Joys

I made this for the color challenge on SCS yesterday. I don't have the new colors, so I used the old equivalent: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Pretty in Pink. This is my sister's stamp set. She and her two daughters were here for a few days this weekend and she helped me organize my stamp room!! Right before she left Denver, I asked her to throw some Christmas stamps in the car for me to borrow. She won't miss them because she doesn't actually stamp, she just buys stamps. She's a scrapbooker. Now I don't actually scrapbook, I just buy scrapbooking supplies! This is a Hero Arts set, and I REALLY like it, and I think this Santa pulls off these colors beautifully!!

11 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is cute! Great color combo too! TFS!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh my goodness, this card is just darling! I love the Old Olive and Pretty in Pink combo!! Wow... the layering of the punched cardstock is really nice!

Etha said...

love that Santa! great coloring on the coat with the shiny buttons :)

jo said...

Love the colours of this and how you've used ribbon behind the flower.

Lauren said...

This is adorable. Pink is definitely Santa's color. hehe. :)

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!! I love the colors (they look fabuous on this Santa card)!.. and the layout is Wonderful!!

~amy~ said...

Love this!!! Pink and Green are one of my fav color combos!!!!

Amy said...

Oh this card is LOVELY! I love the colours and how you made it sparkel!

Carolina said...

Love what you did with the color challenge and this santa is a must have...to cute! Your sentiment piece just pops...love it!

Jenn said...

Adorable!!! I love this color combo! :D

Noelle Reese said...

I do too stamp LOL Now if you mail this set back pretty soon i can CASE this card and use it for the Christmas card swap I just joined! LOL :-)
The girls will think I am a stamping genious! YIPPEE!!!
ILY
N.
PS your youngest neice is very sick with double ear infections. :-(