Monday, October 6, 2008

Christmas Cheer


This fun set is from A Chemistry With Paper. It has all kinds of fun images. For this card, I made the row of trees my primary image, then added the large tree and the snowman as accents. Next time I will have to do something different with the snowman, he's kind of hard to see, although much easier IRL than in these pictures. This is a good basic Christmas set, it has lots of fun sentiments and other images you will see popping up here in the next couple of months. (These terrible photos are distracting me; it's obvious I did NOT have my ISO set right!)


The row of trees is stamped on a Basic Gray chipboard tag and embossed with a Christmas mix I make myself. Then I sprayed the tag with Candy Apple Glimmer Mist. I also used Ranger Snowflake and Holographic embossing powders, which makes for a very sparkly card. It is my personal opinion that Christmas cards should sport SERIOUS SHINE!!!! Holographic is a basic ep for me. I would be lost without it, I use it on probably 45% of my cards. Snowflake is much more specialized. It has a white, not clear base, and the glitter in it is about twice the size as the Holographic. The glitter in the Snowflake actually LOOKS like little holograms, whereas the glitter in Holographic actually looks exactly like SU!'s Dazzling Diamonds or Art Institue's Angel Dust. And now today's tretise on embossing powders is officially over....

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great Christmas Card Carla! I love all your details!

Lauren said...

Love all the sparkle and layers.