Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Spider Family




Another Coffin Box from Creative Cuts and More! I had this cut in my favorite Onyx Stardream. I used SU!'s cheesecloth background stamp to stamp in Versamark and emboss in Ranger Snowflake. I can't even begin to tell you how sparkly this is! The spiders are from CC&M as well, they are cut out of tacky tape. I put them on the box then covered them with black micro beads. My micro beads secret is that after I apply my micro beads, I add matching glitter. I love the coverage I get with this method, plus it adds sparkle, and that's good, right? Here I used Doodlebug Beetle Black Sugar Coating Glitter. For the eyes, I used red glass rhinestones from CC&M's new wheel. I LOVE this wheel! It was worth every penny! There are so many colors, plus storage and a little mounting wand. It's a new must have for me!!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Carla, this is way too SPOOKY but i sure do love it...the spiders, eeks!

anyway, thanks for your great tip with the prima flowers, see if i can make some :)

~amy~ said...

Yikes...the spiders do look creepy...you've done an excellent job! Hey sista...email me...you need an "email me" button... :)

Melanie said...

Hello Carla!!!!!!! I am soooo glad you said halloo!!!! Now that I've found it, I now have your rockin blog in my "check regularly!" blog bookmarks!

Your spidey coffin is totally awesome!! The effect you achieved with the cheesecloth stamp is so striking -- at first I thought you'd wrapped actual cheesecloth on your project!!!!! What a fantastic Hallowe'en project!!!!

Lauren said...

Great texture and dimension! This is so creepy. Nice work.

Jenn said...

This is way cool!!! I love it!!! Love the spiders, they look so cool with micro beads! :D

Chrissy D said...

WOW! WHat intricate detail! FABULOUS CREATIVITY!!! TFS!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Ooooooh! WOW! It's so spooky and creepy... love the textures and all the details you've put into this project.

BTW, I know I'm catching up after weeks of being off blogs, but that is one gorgeous picture of you!

Gwen said...

THAT is sooooo coool! I thought you really had cheese cloth on it..LOL!!! had to go back & take another look!