Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Check out this wonderful clipboard that Artistic Outpost Design Team Member Gerrie Johnnic created using the Snowy Woods plate. It's one of the entries in the Project Contest at JustRite - click here to vote for Gerrie's project!
I knew I wanted to use my Adventure plate from Artistic Outpost, but I wasn't sure about the paper yet. While looking through my paper I came across this old SU! Simply Scrappin' Kit called Polka Dot Party. I am generally uncomfortable with brights: don't wear 'em, don't decorate with 'em and don't stamp with 'em. However, I thought this pensive looking little dog could use some cheering up, so that's how I combined this unlikely pair! This is a big stamp, so I made a 5x7 so I'd have room to glue a bunch of stuff on. Why bother if you don't plan to glue a bunch of stuff on? (Except Amy and Lauren, their CAS work rocks!)

Well, it was spitting snow when I left school this afternoon. It's cold and windy here, but not cold enough to really snow, just cold enough to be excruciating outside! I swear, I used to be hot ALL the time, now it seems I'm cold all the time. Right now I'm wearing a tank top, cardigan, and TWO polar fleece vests, plus jeans, shoes & socks. What is my deal? Last night I had six blankets on, then had to get up and put on my Smart Wool socks and a t-shirt over my pajamas! I am going to find that electric blanket tonight before bed if it's the last thing I do!!

5 comments:

Janine said...

Great work!!! Love the clipboard!

~amy~ said...

Fun Stuff Carla! The clipboard is great and I LOVE your bright card with the adventure plate...sista, I'm always cold too...my hands freeze at work!!

gillyflower said...

what a great card love it it looks good in the bright colours doesn't look out of place
if you want some heat you can have some of mine i am permenetly 10 deg hotter than everyone else think it's the old hormones at least it will save on the heating bills i suppose
gill

Carolina said...

What a fun vintage clipboard - love it! And the blue one with all the fun embellies just brought a smile to my face!

jo said...

You may not like brights but the card looks fab Carla!