Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christmas Door


Do you love this gorgeous Christmas door? This is Snowy Woods from Artistic Outpost. It's a huge and beautiful old fashioned Christmas set, the possibilities are unlimited! So, how would you like to get some FREE AO stamps? Why don't you submit to be an AO Guest Designer? How fun would that be? You'd get your mitts on these fabulous images before everyone else!!

I took this picture at night, after a day of work, stamping and pumpkin carving, so it's not very good. I stamped the image on SU! Confetti Cream, and embossed with Classy Copper. Then I decided I wanted to add some color, so I went with the marker/watercolor method, forgetting that it doesn't work as well if you don't use wc paper. It worked out just fine, though, because I gave it a PEx wash in Interference Gold. It's really pretty IRL. The DP is BG Blitzen, and there's lots of Copper Stickles, some skittles, magic mesh and a page pebble.

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous Card Carla, my Copper Friend! Love the added touch of the skittles...that cracks me up...skittles.

Ying Pang, said...

your creation is beautiful, I love it !!!

Lauren said...

This is so gorgeous! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I purchased this set along with some others from AO and love them!!! I just made cards for a swap using the santa with the Robert Frost sentiment...love how it turned out.

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- this is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

That is one gorgeous image! What you did with it is beautiful. Cute skittles... lol!

Carolina said...

Oh is this ever elegant!!! Love the embossed details on the the door - just perfect!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is just stunning and the embossing on the copper looks fabulous, Hugs, Nikki x

Jenn said...

Beautiful!!! LOve the Copper embossing!!! :D

Jenn said...

Beautiful!!! LOve the Copper embossing!!! :D