Monday, June 3, 2013

Project Life Week 4: Then

 The left side of Week 4 of my Project Life album. All about December 17, 1988.
 I made this page before I got a typewriter, and before I really started to get a feel for how to create a beautiful PL page. I really love looking back and seeing how much I've grown in 16 weeks. Here I used a red Sharpie and a piece of My Mind's Eye paper. How fancy!
 I really stepped it up a notch on this insert by adding a Becky Higgins grid card and two cardstock circles stapled on with my Tiny Attacher. Oh, and is that a photo corner I see? Woo Hoo!!
 The hearts are a K&Co. adhesive border, which I have continued to use like crazy in my PL album because I love them. I don't know what paper that is, or why I suddenly decided to add blue and green to a pink and orange LO. I don't drink or do drugs, so unfortunately, I do not have a good excuse. Let's just call it juxtaposition and move forward, shall we?

 I added a Spellbinders die cut heart here. That was one of the first Spellbinders dies I ever bought.
I look forward to sharing my PL pages because it gives me a chance to compare the work I did then to the work I'm doing now. I know a lot of scrappers go back and redo pages that aren't to their liking. I would never do that. This page was the best I could do at the time. I was working with an unfamiliar format and really just starting to dip my toes in the PL design waters. I LIKE having evidence of improvement. It seems logical and authentic to me.

Please check back soon for Project Life Week 4: Now.

No comments: