Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MORE Creative Cuts and More Gingerbread Men!





These are the big guys, they stand five inches tall. I had these cut out of medium weight chipboard at Creative Cuts and More. They are very sturdy and will last for MANY Christmases! I started by mixing some white pearl acrylic paint with Chocolate Chip re-inker and a bit of water. This made the most beautiful shade of hot cocoa, honestly, I wanted to drink it! Or wear it as eye shadow. I resisted the urge to do either, thinking they would be bad health moves. (You can tell how much I'm into my health by watching me try to button my jeans.)

Then, I got out my trusty CAD and punched the holes and added the wonderful washer eyelets by Creative Impressions. They are nice and soft, like SU!'s. Not all of them are you know. I have some making memories eyelets that I have to run over with a truck to set. This usually ruins my project. Unless I'm going for a real grunge look. Which sometimes I am.

Then I did all the drawing with my Liquid Applique, sprinkled on Angel Dust Art Glitter and let dry overnight. The next day I puffed up the LA with my heatgun and added all the ribbon. This is a SUPER EASY project, and you could easliy do it with an interested five year old. I know because I have my very own five year old, and I have the attention span of a five year old, so I feel I'm somewhat of an expert.

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

What adorable garland---I love those snowman---very clever.
I would love to do this with my kiddos---thanks for sharing the info!

Carolina said...

What a perfect garland Carla!!! I had no idea they mad them this big...I may need to pick some up for Gaven's pre-school buddies! Thanks for sharing such a fun project!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love gingerbread men and just adore this garland. It is fabulous.