Friday, December 26, 2008

Artistic Outpost Vintage Circus





I used one of the rosette boxes SU! used to carry for this. I just stamped a bunch of images from the Vintage Circus plate and rummaged around in my stamp room for some ephemera. I worked on each panel individually while trying to wind up with a cohesive finished product. Of course I added lots of Magenta Stickles for some bling. The gorgeous ribbon is by Basic Gray. Those of you who are ribbon afficianados probably already know that!! I put a making memories rub-on right on it, it worked beautifully.

The Crush cap I probably found in a parking lot somewhere. I'm always picking up rubble in parking lots. I think I recently embarrassed a girlfriend half to death by actually prying a button out of the asphault on our way out of a craft fair. I had to get a pen out of my purse to dig it out, and I regret it not one single bit! It's a fab button, and I'd pry it up again if I had to do it over! so now you know!!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey Carla...love your project!!! Quite the feast for the eyes...love your bottle cap and enjoyed reading your story about the button...if I were with you, I would have been helping you dig out the button with my pen too :)

Carolina said...

What an adorable vintage box! Love all the details and all the sponging! Hope you had an amazing Christmas with your family!

Etha said...

that box is amazing!! so many neat details, love it :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is spectacular. Vintage is probably my favorite style. Love the circus theme and the wonderful embellishments. Awesome project!

Ila said...

Your project is Amazing and Gorgeous!!....I love the way you decorated this lovely box...and I'm with ya on the button thing...I'd be prying it up too..lol..Happy Holidays!!...Hugs, Ila