Saturday, August 17, 2013

Signs of Autumn

 This is another batch of Gina K. Designs Signs of Autumn STV cards. On this one, I added some gorgeous 7Gypsies patterned paper. I used up this whole 12 x 12 sheet playing with this kit, as it went perfectly with all the GKD cardstock and ribbon. This has been one of my very favorite STV kits, but it might be replaced with the new one, Grateful Heart! It is on it's way to my house, and could be here as early as Thursday or Friday.
 I used the cracked glass technique here. I have loved this look forever, and am always pleased with the results. These gorgeously illustrated pumpkins are perfect for this technique. To help soften the pain of waiting, I recently won a GKD blog hop, and my grab bag arrived today! I love everything in it, and it is so generous! I will be posting things I made using my prizes in the next few weeks, so you can see how awesome my grab bag was!
 Here I was trying the soot technique, but it didn't work too well for me. I couldn't get my glossy paper to turn black enough. This card also has a sentiment from Thanks a Million. If you are looking for a great thank you set, look no further. If you want to learn how to do the soot technique, go check out the videos on STV.
 You won't find me repeating this card! I find putting all those little pieces of foam tape down very tedious. I try to avoid tedious stuff when I'm stamping! I do love this GKD paper, her designer paper is always a highlight of the STV kits for me. One of the things I got in my Grab Bag was the Berries & Vines patterned paper. I have loved it for a while, but never bought it. Now I have it!
I inked up my Argyle Cuttlebug folder for this card. I love the way it looks! I got the idea for this card from an STV video, but I changed a few things up to make it my own.

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Love the rich colors...I think fall/autumn cards are my favorites!