Monday, August 5, 2013

New Hero Arts Stamp & Cut

 My sister has several of these. I was jealous. Yes. I considered stuffing them all into my suitcase the last time I was there. I mean, she loves me, it's not like we would become estranged over gorgeous stamps that come with matching dies. However, I found a couple of sets on sale, and elected not to steal hers. This set of Framelits is called Butterflies 3, and I think it's fabulous! I paired it with a Gina K. Designs stamp called Unforgettable, and some polished stone paper I made using Gina's method.
 This card was a theory that did not work as well as I thought. I colored the embossed image with an embossing pen and then embossed with different colors, working one color at a time. It's messy, but I elected to keep it, because I think it looks a bit like tile. I used Signs of Autumn from GKD, plus a K&Co. butterfly.
 GKD Spring Mix.
 GKD Spring Mix.
GKD Spring Mix.

I'm on Day 5 of Whole30. I have mostly felt absolutely horrible the whole time. I have stuck with it, though, and hope that soon I will adjust to the lack of my usual horrifyingly bad food choices. Other than the fact that I generally feel sick or have a pounding headache, it has not been too hard. I have been using recipes from Whole Family Strong, and on the first, I made Apple Bumbkin without the maple syrup, of course. The texture takes a little getting used to, but it tastes great. It's a good thing I like it, because Troy does not, and I have been stuck trying to polish off a 9x13 pan of it by myself. I've eaten two large servings a day, and I'm down to just one serving. I probably won't ever make this again, because it's just no fun having to eat the same thing five days in a row.

I would like to nominate myself for some kind of medal, though, because my 10yods has a sheet of Pillsbury Croissants in the oven right now, and I guarantee you that I won't eat a crumb.

No comments: