Saturday, July 2, 2011

sUMMER cARD cAMP WITH jENNIFER AND kRISTINA!

 On Mondays, we get a color scheme for the week. When I saw it, I was horrified, of course. Magenta, fuchsia, aqua and orange. YIKES! How'd they get in my head and choose the four colors most likely to make me uncomfortable? Well, three, really, because I love aqua.
 This top card was my third try, and my favorite. It is inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card this week. The sentiment is from A Muse Studio's Hand Scripted set, which I LOVE! The little glittered butterfly was cut with a|s's Butterfly Trio die-so sweet! I also used Beautiful Botanicals and BB2 from a|s.
 This was my second try, inspired by Kristina Werner's card this week. It's better than my first, and probably the best CAS card I've ever made. Restraint is not my game, baby! I'm all about excess!!
 I used Cool Caribbean and My Mind's Eye Everyday Tango on all of these, they fit the color challenge perfectly. Aren't you jealous that I still have some Cool Caribbean?
 This was my first attempt at working with these colors. This poor card was torn apart and put back together about a dozen times. Sheesh, was I having a hard time making something that wasn't truly hideous!
Jennifer and Kristina are definitely getting me out of my comfort zone, and that's a good thing. I've really been enjoying the Summer Camp and am so glad I signed up to take it.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE them all...sheesh, I'm leaving a load of comments for you:)

Merry said...

I love all these cards...who would think this colour combo would look so brilliant. Well done.

Noelle Reese said...

You said it kept getting worse??
I think you are NUTS! I love it! I am totally CASEing it :)
I already told you I love he 2nd one :) You posting maniac LOL