Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shady Tree Studio & A Muse Studio

 This is an older card using a Shady Tree Studio stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. I don't think this exact stamp is still available, but if you love the beautiful art style as much as I do, you can check out what's currently available right here. You can also see my very first post on the Shady Tree blog and leave me a little love there so that Nancy knows someone is looking! We don't want her to have second thoughts about inviting me to be on the DT, now do we?

 I used A Muse Studio stamps on this card. I use those leaves all the time! They look so cool embossed with sparkling black powder. Out of respect for a|s's traditionally CAS style, I do try to tone my a|s cards down a bit, but I'm not making any promises that they will all be that way! This set is called Beautiful Botanicals 2.

 I used Bridal Beauty here for sort of a grunge or perhaps Scottish wedding. I don't know what gets into me sometimes. I guess I just don't like for my stuff to look like everyone else's or like it's "supposed" to look. I'm contrary that way, and have no plans to change.
That dress sure is sweet, though, isn't it? I probably will make a more traditional wedding card now that I got this one out of my system!

4 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

these are so pretty! and I am all for sticking to what makes you happy when crafting, but still trying new stuff so we don't get stale. we just tweak it so it fits 'us', right?! ;)

and no one ever leaves comments on my stuff over at STS except Nancy. thank goodness she does or else I might get a complex! I think she feels sorry for me and keeps me around as the token 'geek' so I don't get picked on my the popular crowd. tee hee!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Carla, these are without a doubt, spectacular creations. I just love your style!

Nic Hazelett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Hey Carla, looks like I've missed a few cards on your blog -- goodness but you've been busy! This is very pretty!! I love how you've colored the package and the plaid looks really nice with it!