Sunday, July 31, 2011

CPS229 (Don't forget to scroll down for BLOG CANDY!)




I love Card Positioning Systems sketches, and thought I'd give this one a go today. Thanks for the great sketch, Tami! I used a Cornish Heritage Farms edition of a Shady Tree Studio stamp. I don't think these two stamps are available right now, but Nancy Baier, the artist and owner of STS usually has a free digital image with purchase, and this one may be offered some day! At any rate, you can see how talented she is by looking at these stamps. Right now STS is holding a Christmas in July blog hop, and there are prizes involved. You can participate in the hop and be eligible for prizes by starting here!

7 comments:

Troy Mayfield said...

Very nicely done! I feel like we ought to go bowling tonight! ;)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! This is striking. Love how you cut out the image. What a fantastic creation.

Linda Beeson said...

What a great use of that CPS sketch! That little tag is so adorable on here and a great way to add the sentiment.

Jennie said...

Fab job on this!! Love the masculine feel to it. Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

yyam said...

I think you did a fabulous job with the sketch! Love this masculine card! Love the browns!

P/s: Thanks for the comment on my blog...I had the same problem with sketches too, I had to include all the elements...then I started looking at the components in layers...it really helped me to substitute squares for circles and interpreting the sketch my own way. I haven't been arrested by the sketch police yet! *LOL*

Benzi said...

Carla, what a unique and super image. You did a fantastic job with it. Awesome card!!!

Nancy said...

What a fun surprise visiting your blog today!!! I do like how those hands came out and they just may reappear one day!

I love all of the shades of brown with black on this, the matted tag, and I haven't been too much into the twine trend, so I haven't seen this tri-color version before ~ tres cool!