Monday, July 18, 2011

Shady Tree Studio Sneak Peek!!

 Yes, the darling prim snowman, tree and sentiment are all from one of Shady Tree Studio's new releases to be revealed on the 29th! Be sure to check back here tomorrow for more STS goodness, and always stop by the STS blog when you have a minute! There you can see the owner\artist's (Nancy Baier) work, along with the design team projects.
 I stamped them in Versafine Onyx then embossed with Ranger's Holographic powder. I gave them a quick swipe with my beloved Yasutomo shimmer paints and then began the layering. I think that snowflake is a Sizzix die, which I cut in half, coated with glue and glittered up. The paper is all Basic Grey or Stampin' Up!
 I sell quite a few trinket pins in my Etsy shop. These two are my newest styles. I designed them for Sarah over at SarahsPaperBakery to use in an upcoming kit of the month. I'd love it if you took a look at her new Etsy shop. She is getting off to the right start by supporting other small business owners. I feel pretty strongly about supporting other women and their businesses, and it feels good when other women do so as well.
 These are not hard to make. The heart pins are from Joanne's, and the glass pearls are from Walmart. I'm looking for better sources right now, but this is what I have access to, so this is what I work with.
 These are made from some vintage black glass beads from my stash. See the little circle on top? They started out as those little flat, yellow flower pins you can find anywhere. A quick dip into the Versamark and a dunk into Ranger's sparkling black embossing powder and TA DA! No more sweet yellow flower, hello classy black trinket pin!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous christmas card...and your pins are super pretty!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, Carla, your designs are so original and full of interest. Love what you did with the snowflake -- Brilliant!

What a fabulous Christmas card and such pretty pins.

Jackie said...

GORGEOUS card! And your pins are so pretty....I really love your pin cushion :)

Alice said...

beautiful details! such a pretty holiday card and your trinket pins are gorgeous! wow!