Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shady Tree Studio Christmas in July

 This sweet snowman stamp from Shady Tree Studio is called Embrace Christmas. You can see the whole set here. We are continuing to celebrate Christmas in July at STS and are looking forward to our blog hop and new Christmas stamp release on the 29th! I hope you will join us!
 I stamped it in Versafine and embossed with Ranger Holographic and painted it in shimmer paints. I used it to decorate the cover of a Christmas card portfolio. These are super cool little portfolios which can be decorated for any occasion. I get mine from Creative Cuts and More.
 This card is for Summer Card Camp. The colors are really giving me fits. I never work in these colors, and I'm finding that it is stretching me so much that I don't even know what looks good anymore! I am loving the camp overall, it's big fun, but I really haven't loved any of the cards I've made for it. It's hard to love a card made with colors I don't like.

 AHHH....This is more my speed. Here are some colors I can get behind!
Buttery yellow, soft green, and a little pop of blue! Isn't that Crafty Secrets image the cutest? We had a big rain last night, and Troy and I spent many an hour sucking up water in the basement, fun times. Things are drying out down here slowly but surely, and of course, it's raining again. I LOVE the rain, but my 100 year old basement isn't quite watertight! Toodles, girlfriends! I hope you are staying cool and dry!

6 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

WOW! I love everything! I am having such a hard time with the camp cards. I made one tonight and I like it little. LOL I'm just glad I don't hate it any more :)

Jennifer Scull said...

gosh, simply wonderful wonderful! would love to do the card camp if they ever offer it again. it sounds as if you are having a good time & being challenged, which can be a positive thing.

bummer about the basement. my house is almost 200 years old, so oh, do I feel your pain! :)

Benzi said...

Carla, glad to see you stop by my blog recently. Your cards are gorgeous. Of course, I'm in love with the snowman card....such a snowman lover.

Pat (mspfd) said...

LOVE your snowman creation! Your really have the gift for knowing just the right elements to bring together. The buttons are look fabulous.

Know what you mean about color challenges. I usually pass if I don't like the colors, although on occasion, I have been pleasantly surprised. It's always a good thing to stretch your wings once in a while.

I agree that you can't go wrong with a yellow, green and blue combo. Sweet, sweet card with yummy details.

Sudha said...

Beautiful creations dear.

Nancy said...

All beautiful creations, Carla! Love what you did with the snowman, and the CS project is just what it says - precious! I love those colors, too :^) .