Friday, January 16, 2009

Crafty Secrets Memory Box & Contest Help


This box has special meaning to me for many reasons. First, it was a gift from my mom. It was full of a variety of CK perfumes. Mom was fabulous at spoiling her girls. She rarely spoiled herself, yet she thought nothing of spending $50 on a jar of my favorite lotion. I miss her.

Secondly, the photograph is of my grandmother. She was educated, glamorous, cosmopolitan and most importantly, loving. I'll never forget her smile or the way she got to snorting when she laughed! The same women who posed in her evening wear in the society pages was a snorter!!

On a less serious note, this box has lots of Crafty Secrets, Crate Paper and SERIOUS glitter!!

Now for your help! Crafty Secrets is hosting a contest on SCS, and one of the ways to win is to have the most comments on your project. I typically go fairly unnoticed on SCS, so if you are a member, would you mind posting a comment here? I'd sure be grateful!!

On a thrilling note, my favorite store, Creative Play Stamps, now carries some Crafty Secrets stuff!! How thrilling is that, I ask you?

4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

I am going to comment here and then on SCS. This is beautiful, Carla. What a wonderful keepsake and tribute to your mom and grandmother. Your love shows in this project!

Jackie said...

That box is just beatiful Carla. I love it! I left something on my blog for you :) Have a great weekend!

Ila said...

This box is Absolutely Beautiful!! and I love the story behind it too..TFS...On my way to comment on SCS....Hugs, Ila

Noelle Reese said...

I adore this box. I tried to post on SCS and I get this:
Sorry, you don't have permission to post/edit.
If you tried to edit, you might not be the post's author or editing may
be disabled for your usergroup.

Why would they deny me? Maybe becasue I don't have one of 'those' buttons??

LMAO
ILY