Saturday, November 15, 2008

O' Holy Night


I fell in love with this Serendipity stamp as soon as I saw it on the Mothers and Daughters Creations site. I was unfamiliar with Serendipity stamps, but I think I will be buying more! They are red rubber and come die cut and foam mounted. My photos are a little washed out, but I'm so pleased with the way this card turned out. It's actually much richer and color saturated IRL. The little tag uses two SU! punches and a Blitzen tag. I added some raffia and a little metal star I embossed in gold. I originally got out my go-to green, which is ALways Artichoke, for this card. I then decided that Old Olive might actually be a better match, so I got it out, and BINGO! If you have Basic Gray's Blitzen, go for the OO, it's an excellent match!

Supplies

Stamps: Serendipity
Ink: Basic Brown, VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx
Paper: Naturals, Bashful Blue, Old Olive (SU!), Blitzen (Basic Gray), Canson wc paper
Other: raffia, Gold Glory ep, Word Window & Large Oval punches (SU!), gems (M's), Holographic ep (Ranger), metal star, Gold Stickles, markers, sewing machine & thread

3 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Again... love the sewing, Carla! New to Serendipity too. What a beautiful image! Pretty card!

Carolyn King said...

this is BEAUTIFUL! Great image, coloring, dp and love the embellishments!

Lauren said...

Beautiful card Carla! I love the papers and the star with straw - it's the perfect touch.