Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Welcome to Paris

 I was workin' on my CAS mojo here. This card design is not original to me, I know I saw one like it somewhere else, but I have no idea where, so my apologies to whoever I stole the idea from-sorry! I used a Kaleidacolor pad from SU! that is probably 12 years old-I kid you not! Some of the buttons are vintage, some are A Muse Studio, which are my favorite new buttons. I very rarely use new buttons, but when I do, I always reach for my "Not Your Grandma's Bag of Buttons" from a|s. That's kind of an ironic name for me, because I would prefer my Grandma's bag of buttons!
 I got a new stamp and die set from PTI, and this was my first effort. Kind of weird, but I do love that October Afternoon paper. The hearts are a|s die cuts.
 I have tried and tried to make a good card with this vintage SU! stamp set, and most of my efforts have been in vain. I just don't know what to do with these gigantic flowers, I don't think I ever knew. I got this set in a huge lot on ebay years ago.
 This one just looks like breasts to me. Does anyone else see that?
This card I actually like. That's a Crafty Secrets sticker, and an A Chemistry With Paper sentiment. Sweet and simple, and you know I love anything with Crafty Secrets on it!

Well, here in Pueblo, CO, we went from winter to summer yesterday. No spring to speak of. I got my first sunburn of the year subbing for an elementary PE teacher yesterday. Here's what I learned: Fifth graders are incredibly competitive and contentious, and they take kickball very seriously. Second graders have no clue about kickball. Pre-schoolers are adorable.

No comments: