Sunday, May 12, 2013

Be faithful in small things...

 You know, half the time I just whack these cheesy sentiments down on a card without really paying attention to them. Some stamps I've seen are so ridiculously schmaltzy that I'm too embarrassed to use them. I've used a few lately, though, that I thought were profound and applicable. Think of the small things you do that really make a difference: skincare, putting things away instead of down, dishes loaded immediately, small dietary changes, these things are small, but make a big difference. Sometimes things look too big to tackle, but chip away at the small things, and after a while, it's done.

I think that's My Mind's Eye paper, and a Unity stamp.
 This crazy card came about because I was trying to use SU!'s Island Blossoms. I think it was a fail. I never could make anything decent when it was new, and it seems I still can't. I love that Lavender SU! embossing powder, though! It's super pretty IRL.
 I made these two cards for my middle son's graduation thank you's. My husband thought the top one might not be appropriate for some people, so I made a bunch of the tree ones as well. The caterpillar is a Tweety Jill Designs stamp. I love every single stamp she has ever produced! I only have five sets, as they are PRICEY! However, the quality is unbelievable. These stamps will never lose their stick. If you don't have any, treat yourself to a set and see what I mean!

That's BG Aged & Confused paper. I used the same line for our oldest son's graduation thank you cards. It's perfect for teenaged boys; I've found nothing better, actually. I stamped the image in Versafine Onyx and embossed in SU! clear. That's the way I ALWAYS do embossed black images. Black ep is just a big mess, so I never use it.
 This gorgeous Aspen background stamp is from A Muse Studio. You can count on a|s for beautifully designed stamps that are trendy but not fleeting. This stamp will still be useable down the road, it has real staying power. My favorite white ep is from a|s. The container in huge, and the price is small. I'd get all of them if I were you;) That's what I did!
I LOVE this fun stamp! I think it's Theresa Collins, but I can't be sure. I used to be able to remember every single stamp from every single set, but no more. If you HAVE to know, leave me a comment, and I'll go see for sure who made it and let you know. The papers are Basic Grey Boxer, which I love to use on masculine cards. I used my beloved Charcoal chalk ink here. Oh, ColorBox, how did I ever live without you?

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

You've been busy...love them all!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!