Thursday, October 22, 2009

M's Sketch Challenge


Over on Amy's blog, I learned that Savitri's daughter, M, is doing sketch challenges. I had to scoot over there and see what was what. She's adorable, and it looks like she's quite the sketch artist, too! This is my card for M's Sketch Challenge #2. When Amy stopped by, she reminded me that this also worked for the 365 Cards challenge to use paisleys, so I linked it there, too!!

I used some new to me My Mind's Eye stuff. The brads, gingham ribbon and Naturals Ivory base are SU! The grosgrain is from a ribbon swap with TexasJodyLynn. The button is vintage-love my vintage treasures!!

It was VERY hard not to put glitter on this card, but I am always low on boy cards. I figure this will work for the 6-45yo male population.

10 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Love your card! Its a great generic card for male or female! Great colors and papers!

~amy~ said...

♥♥shut up♥♥ I love it....great take on m's sketch!!! I ♥ MME!!!! Hey, it also works for today's 365 Cards Challenge which is to use Paisley on your card...link it up over there sista!!!

http://365cards.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-236-pretty-paisley.html

Savitri said...

Ooooh, this is too cute!! M will love it! She'll come visit after school today and if not tomorrow since she has no school :)

Ila said...

Fabulous birthday card!!..love the colors and papers!!..Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

Very cool with the paisley, great job and thanks for sharing it with us at 365 cards.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a great birthday card for males! Actually, I think it could work for anyone. Love the colors and the new papers are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was on the wrong blog, what a different style for you but it is awesome!

Hearts Turned said...

Dang, Carla--glitter would have looked awesome on this card! I love paisleys--my kids call them amoebas (sp?)--I have no idea why! Thanks for your sweet comments at my "place" today--I'll get that photo for you, you just wait!

Noelle Reese said...

I think it looks fantastic! Have W whip out a sketch! I'll play! I've seen several kids sketches and they are so cute. You can make MME look even better! :-)
N.

Darlene said...

Wow ... this is awesome! LOVE the bright colors and your ribbon treatment is so unique, LOVE IT!! Hope you have a great weekend! (Still Miss You!!)