Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Grandpa & Me


I made this page for a challenge over at GinaK's StampTV. I would like to do at least one page a week this year. I am about 20 pages behind. Oh well. This is a picture of my grandpa and I in his Jackson Heights apartment. I had probably been out to Bloomingdales with Grandma in my snappy navy and white outfit. Maybe we had Italian ices on the corner. I still remember how excited Grandma would get when we flew over the Statue of Liberty. She lived in New York City for probably 45 years, and she never tired of it.


Here I used an old My Mind's Eye kit for the image and paper. I stamped images from Picture Frames and Polka Dots and Flourishes from Creative Play Stamps to add a little zing to the bottom layer. Blues Whale Art Glitter surrounds the mother daughter image. Why it has the angled stripes, I do not know. I have never seen glitter do this before. I use QUITE a bit of glitter, and this is a new one for me. Static, maybe?

BTW, don't forget the OUTRAGEOUS contest CPS is holding now! Click on the link about for more deets!! Can you say HUGE BAG OF PRIMAS?

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

carla...what a darling pic of you and gramps...aren't you just cute as a button?!!!

Lovin' your card...it is sooo you...love it!!!

Vanessa said...

That is so great! What is weird is that I have been planning a 'Grandpa' page using navy blue and cream...only I can't find the photo at the moment...figures. Loved your chaos comment; it made me laugh.

Noelle Reese said...

SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!
You are too a scrapper you silly girl! I love it. The card is just OK. JUST KIDDING! The card is beautiful too! :-)
I can't wait to scrap with you. I am going to unpack you so fast your head will spin and we will be scrapping by dinner time. When are you moving? Did you find a house? I just had to throw that in there LOL
ILY
N.

Toni said...

you doll, you! I've never been to NY, just flown over it, and that is quite a sight! The card reminds me of the old book cover paintings/jackets for editions of Little Women ... way cool!

jo said...

Weren't you a cutie!!!

Love that card Carla! Gorgeous!