Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Artistic Outpost Plates, Reveal #2



This gorgeous Santa image comes complete with the Frost poem. This plate is called Snowy Woods, and it is a full 8 1/2 by 11!! It's jam packed with stunning vintage images just like this. They're exactly the kind of Christmas stamps you would expect from Artistic Outpost. The images have such depth, they're true eye candy!

I used some retired SU! DP for this card, and added a bunch of Prima Flowers and leaves. The Primas have Candy Cane Stickles on them. I painted the leaf with Antique Brass Glimmer Mist. I paint things when I forget to spray them before I mount them on the card. I didn't want the leaf to be matte when the flowers were glitzy. I just spray a couple of times into a small container and paint where I want shimmer.

For the SU! beads, I applied Crystal Effects to the card and poured on the beads. After I shook off the extras, I sprinkled the area with Dazzling Diamonds. I have started doing this when I use micro beads as well. I can never get complete coverage with the beads, and it bothers me to see the adhesive underneath, so I just sprinkle on a coordinating glitter. I love the little extra shine it adds.

Here are the deets on the new plates:

The wait is almost over!!! Artistic Outpost is releasing two new stamp plates. On October 1st, Snowy Woods and Bluebird will be available.

We're so excited about our Christmas plate this year, it features peaceful images of a loving Santa Claus who we believe is the real one. No mall Santa's helpers here!!! This is a full 8.5 x 11" unmounted stamp collection. Loads of beautiful images, and our first "full" plate.


Our Bluebird collection is once again the half plate size of 8.5 x 5.5". It is meant to be your solace this winter. You can see the reflections of winter and spring all in this one collection. Our peaceful collection of bird inspired images to take you through to spring.

Specials on these plates will be posted on October 1st. In addition, believe it our not, October marks our ONE year anniversary. Holy Cow! Has it been this long? With this milestone will come blog candy and additional specials on our one year old darling stamp sets. The ones that got us going and that we will always hold in our hearts.

Be sure to check back for a sneak peeks and samples from our Design Team.
If you haven't already signed up for blog updates - be sure you do, that way you won't miss out on our specials and anniversary celebration!

See everyone else's work here:

http://www.artisticoutpost.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey Carla...great Santa card...I love what you've done with the beads and dazzling diamonds...hmmm...I'm going to have to give that a try. Love the prima flowers too....have a super weekend!

Lauren said...

What an amazing card! The details are superb - great idea using the beads.

Carolina said...

What an amazing Holiday Card! Love the beads and the image is just beautiful!

Barb Hardeman said...

You did such an amazing job on this card. The beads and flowers are such goegeous embellishments to this delightful card. Well done...

Nancy said...

Very pretty card. Love the beads, and the rich colors!

Chrissy D said...

This is soooo lovely! Love the sparkle and the beads - all of the elements really pull together to make a beautiful card! TFS!