Friday, March 28, 2008

Artistic Outpost ~Singing Cowboy

One of the things I like about Artistic Outpost's stamps is that they are so versatile. At first, they just look like really impressive ready to go collage style stamps, and that they are. However, when you sit down to play with them, you realize how chameleon-like they can be when you add to or take away from the images. For this card, I cut out about a quarter of the image. This put my cowboy smack onto Basic Gray's Infuse paper, where he can really take center stage. I also embossed over my Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. It stays very wet in spots, so it's easy to get this sort of random look that would be impossible to achieve with my beloved VersaMark pad. I used a chunky gold EP, which also contributed to the random coverage. The chunks are big enough so that they will only stay on the really wet spots.

Stuff~
Stamps: Artistic Outpost Singing Cowboy Paper: Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray Infuse, vintage file folder, Prima flowers & leaf, ribbon from Flourishes, SU! eyelets & punches, GM in Chestnut Brown


4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super card...so many cool elements!

Etha said...

Pretty neat! that dark red prima flower looks perfect on this collage!

Toni said...

This fella is just the one to take home to Mama. The card tells such a story, too ... you're a master, woman!

T. Kaiser said...

You are a master! I'm scrapbooking my grandfather - an old Montana cowboy - and this gives me so much inspiration for a page I want to do. Thank you for the wonderful ideas.