Monday, February 4, 2008

Skulls 1


I love this fun set called Skulls 1 from Creative Play Stamps. I have three sons, plus I teach high school, so skull fashion is a part of my everyday life! I can see using this on gift items and scrapbook pages as well! Further more, one of the stamps in this set is a skull and crossbones, and our school mascot is the Pirates, so it's an obvious choice for me!

I enjoyed taking what some might consider a gruesome subject and putting it onto an extremely girlie card. There's even glitter here, but I guess that goes without saying! I also used CPS's Thinking of You sentiment set. I thought the, "get well soon" and, "miss you" stamps might be a tad morbid, so I settled on, "HI!" I used Palette Hybrid Noir to stamp the skull, it covered beautifully. I thought about embossing him, but was worried it might mess up the clever skull eyes, even with detail EP. I might try that later. I used my circle nestabilities, and white signo gel pen and black sharpie on the layers. The DP is NRN Design. The paisleys match Almost Amethyst perfectly, and AA is in my top three favorite SU! colors!! The hear is a tag from WalMart, I just used the back. The ribbon is SU!, the glitter is AI Azure, and there is Crystal Stickles in the corner. I also bugged the black panel and used the ticket corner punch as a final touch. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

6 comments:

Juli Smith, said...

HI Carla! I am so excited to be on www.CreativePlayStamps.com Design Team with you! I hav eenjoyed looking at your new blog, and look forward to seeing more of your talented designing! I left a comment on the CPS Gallery too, skulls /skeletons are not my favorite, but darn it all this skull design is adorable! :)

Carolina said...

Love the skull with the scallops...great card!

Hugs,
SBS11 Sister

Toni said...

Quite a combination there! I'm not largely fond of skulls and such, being a woose, but this is fun!

Toni said...

Carla -- a 'woose' is a wimp, a scaredy cat!! (That would totally be me when it comes to horror movies, Halloween, that kind of stuff!) Also re: my journal page -- I keep 2 journals, a written journal, and a visual journal. So the visual journal is what you said, just an image representation of thoughts/feelings.

gillyflower said...

hiya
my name is gill
i was asked to join the sbs11 by vicki but when alana came to put all the names in i was no. 21 so she asked me to ask everyone if it was still ok for me to join in your group and if no one objects i will join you
hope it is ok with everyone as have already introduced myself to half of the gang last night
so i would be grateful if you could let alana and me know if you have any objections
thanks
gill

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

I love the skull...trying to figure out how to work some tattoo type elements into next stamp line...so cool