Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Baby Sister


I was innocently rooting around in one of my desk drawers when I came across this picture of my little sister. This was taken 10 years ago when she was pregnant with her first daughter. I hadn't intended to make a page, but that's what happened. I've made dozens and dozens of pages, but this is the first one I have ever posted. I just really love this page, do you think it's the subject matter? Those of you who are moms, do you remember this time? I do. Maybe it's a little too special to talk about here, so let's go on to the nuts and bolts of the page.

All the patterned paper is MME Gypsy, which I think is beautiful! The heart is Bazill. The little hand is an OLD SU! set, called Baby Blocks, I think! I embossed it in a glittery pink EP. I deliberately made the doily tilt the same direction of the picture because having it canted in the opposite direction is so predictable. I don't like to be predictable, except in the glitter department! I now think maybe it would look better tilted the other way, but I'm not going to change it! I sprayed the doily with my homemade Glimmer Mist. I mixed a jar of Candy Apple Red Radiant Pearls into a travel sized (4oz.) bottle of Future Floor Polish. It's not as perfect as Glimmer Mist, but it's pretty close. I don't think I would buy a whole bottle of GM in this color anyway, I'm too hooked on Chestnut, it may be the only color I'll ever need! The die cuts were all given to me by my little sister, she has gillions of them. I especially love the little clip ones, and will probably wind up buying them some day!~

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi Carla,

Sorry for taking my time introducing myself. I'm also in SBS 11, only yesterday the list of names were officially put on sbs website, so here I am. Look forward to getting to know everyone, this looks like fun. Will pop by again soon, take care and happy crafting . xx vicki xx

Toni said...

It certainly is the subject matter, but it's also a lovely page. I have so few photos of myself when I was pregnant, and no sisters -- so this is something to cherish.

Noelle Reese said...

I LOVE it! You did a fantastic job! Even if it was a stranger I would love it!
You are the greatest ever!
ILY
N.

Jenn said...

This is precious!
I wanted to come by and say HI and that I am one of yours sisters (SBS11). I also wanted to let you know that you have been tagged.
Go to my blog if you want to play and see the details.

*HUGS*
Jenn (SBS11)