Thursday, February 14, 2008

Four, three, two, one challenge


This is one of four cards I made for The Embellishment Studio's recent challenge. You had to make four cards, each with three embellishments, using only two pieces of DP and one piece of card stock. You had to decorate the envelopes with the scraps as well. The challenge was lots of fun, and VERY challenging! Not all challenges are, you know. Challenging, I mean! There are some pretty talented paper crafters over there, so check them out some time! Here's the scoop on mine: This is my smallest card, it's 3x3. I used Bazzill as my one piece of cs, and MME kaleidescope for my two pieces of DP. I used the actual two sided dp, not the stack, which is lightweight paper and not double sided. I used both of the big scallop punches, and a very cool product by K & Company called glitter rub-ons or some such. Anyhow, they are adhesive rub-ons, which you pour glitter over. They work very well and are as pretty as can be. I got this Valentine's set just over a year ago, and I'm about out now!;( I used AI glitter in Fleur de Lis. These come with three tubes of glitter, and it's actually very pretty, but, well, I'm a Barbara Trombley girl, not just any old glitter will do! The little stamped image on the bottom is from Lizzie Anne Designs L'Amour. The ink is all Cameo Coral. The ribbon is from a share with TexasJodyLynn. It was Jan '07, and it's time for me to join another one, don't you think? I'll post another card tomorrow. While I love talking, I don't enjoy typing, so I can't stick around for more than one card! Ta Ta!

2 comments:

jo said...

Love this Carla!!! I had a look at that challenge but it was too taxing for me - better left to other people and then I can just look at the fab work!LOL!

T. Kaiser said...

Gorgeous! Love the glimmer, love the color, love the design!