Thursday, October 4, 2012

A MUSE STUDIO: Think Pink Keep Calm

 Here is another card for my Fight Like A Girl party. I loved taking this stamp out of its color zone! I must say that it is SO easy for me to create and then be pleased with the results when I am working with pink.
I embossed the keep calm stamp in white, which I adore. I also am really enjoying the Mad For Plaids set. I only bought it because another a|s consultant, Angela is a magician with it, and every card she uses it on is brilliant. It doesn't quite cover the front of an A2 card. The next time I want the whole base covered, I'll just cut it 5 1/4" x 4", and it should work perfectly.

I just spent a frantic hour cleaning Wilson's room. The landlord is coming over with the plumber to work on a running toilet, and I couldn't bear for her to see W's room. It looks the best it has since the day we moved in two months ago. I have really been letting the bedrooms go while I work on the public areas of the house. I still don't have my decorations done. They are just wadded up on shelves and tables.

It's so hard to make headway on a house when you live with other people. W had a wicked 24 hour flu, and threw up ALL OVER THE HOUSE. REPEATEDLY. It took me about another 24 hours to get all the laundry and carpets done; the bathroom and bedroom had to be dealt with at the moment, of course.

About three seconds after I got the last of that mess, W dropped a 12 pack of Sprite from on top of the freezer in the laundry room. I had just picked him up from school because he was sick again. Two of the Sprites burst, and since I was on the phone, it took me a bit to get in there. The entire room was covered in Sprite. I had to mop. TWICE. I had to clean the walls, the ceiling, the picture window, the dresser and the front bathroom. I am still finding sticky spots. After the first time I mopped, the floor was so sticky that it would rip my slippers off if I went in there!

This is a long winded way of saying it's really hard to keep a clean house. I don't know how some people do it. How do you keep your house clean?

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

super LOVE this.

Linda Suarez said...

I love your use of this stamp! What a great idea! I am going to have to borrow that!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Lovely card! Been looking for more ideas for my Keep Calm set.:)