Thursday, December 31, 2009
Scrap those pictures!!!
Most of my blog buddies are primarily cardmakers, like me. Some of them are stampy, and some scrappy, but we make cards. I've been making premade pages for my Etsy shop and I wanted to post a few to remind everyone how easy they really are. A few points:
1. They do not have to be masterpieces that have one of everything in your stamp room on them.
2. Your pictures should be the focus. (See #1)
3. Next, historical details and journaling. Historical details first, and journaling if you like.
4. Your family, for the most part, does not know and surely does not care if you used last year's product. This is not a competition to use the latest and greatest. It's a lovingly compiled record of the peeps you love.
5. In all likelihood, your albums will be closed most of the time. When they do get opened, what people love are the people and the memories in them. It's shocking to hear, I know, but your loved ones are less concerned with your brilliance as a papercrafter than they are about the pictures. Acknowledge that, and get on with it!