Monday, June 9, 2008

Pinwheel

This isn't actually as dark as it looks. I was looking for a quick card, so I grabbed the pinwheel from Artistic Outpost's Playtime set, and made it my main image. I stamped it in TH Dusty Concord, which is a purple I love! While it was still damp, I sprinkled it with Holographic ep, so it has some shimmer. I also used my nesties for the circles, and the bug for the embossed background. When I use my nesties & bug, I usually do a bunch at a time. Then I keep all the die cuts and embossed quarter sheets in a pencil box. They can sometimes sit in there for a year, but they eventually get used. Then when I want a quick card, like this one, it's really just a matter of picking some things out and gluing it all together!

10 comments:

a message from gillyflower said...

lovely simple classy card love it
gill

Whoopsie Daisy! said...

What a pretty card, Carla! I love the purple and the embossed background. Off to catch up on your blog! ((hugs)) Jane

toners said...

Beautiful! Love the embossed background :)

Carolina said...

Beautiful card Carla - that background is amazing! Thanks you for the gorgeous card you sent me...I'm flattered to have a Carla original. I'll be posting it on my blog this weekend.

Lesli said...

Gorgeous pinwheel card - I love the whole look and feel!

Sherry/Cherie said...

Lovely card!! Sometimes it's just as easy as grabbing 1, 2 and 3 and voila you have the perfect piece!!

Just popped in to say hello and welcome you to the Aged Vintage Papier group!

a message from gillyflower said...

hi carla
thanks for joining in the dusty stamp challenge should be a laugh and great to see all those sad forgotten stamps
let me know when you start to upload any as would love to have a look
gill

Jenn said...

Beautiful and so sweet!!! The color combo is so sweet and I love how you inked the cuttlbug background! :D

Lauren said...

Beautiful card - the embossing is fantastic!

Jamie Martin said...

So pretty, love the touch of purple ribbon :)