Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Chemistry With Paper~Spiritual Sentiments


One of my favorite things about A Chemistry With Paper's stamp sets is that they have a wide variety of sentiments to choose from, and this one is no exception. Isn't the font on this sentiment gorgeous? It's also a pretty big set, so I feel like you get a lot of bang for your buck. This is primarily a sentiment set with some pretty little elements added in, like the medallion here. I embossed it in Ranger's Holographic embossing powder, and did the sentiment the same way. I colored the medallion with markers and smeared with a wet paint brush. It did not smear as well as usual, and the reason is that I forgot to stamp the image on watercolor paper. I tell ya, there's a reason they call watercolor paper WATERcolor paper! It works better, and not just a little bit better-light years better! I made this card bright because we shouldn't just tell people we're praying for them in tough times, it's good to pray during the bright times, too. I don't work with brights very much, but I love pink, and I think Gable Green and Basic Black look good with the pink. I can't remember which color pink this is, isn't that shocking? I need some of those memory pills. Do you think they work? My main memory goal for the last 17 years is not to forget my children. So far, I have never left any of them behind!

8 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Very pretty---I really love the sentiment script too! just a lovely font! Oh and when you are done---Pass some memory pills my way!!!

Samantha Esqueda said...

well- you did a great job with this card- I love the way you used that stamp set and the colors are great!

a message from gillyflower said...

love this it's soooooper

oh and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog coming from someone who is as talented as you are its a real compliment

gill

toners said...

Very pretty! Awesome colors - and the embossed background is great :)

Lauren said...

This is so pretty!

a message from gillyflower said...

hi carla
the stamp on my bling diva is made by creative expressions
oasis 468J
there are several ladies in the collection i love them
gill

Carolina said...

What a stunning card Carla! Love all the textures and the color combo is so fun and cheery!

Toni said...

When I first saw this (yesterday, early morning), I let my response just glow through me. then I had to do payroll and deal with Friday turbo headaches, but somehow the FEELING of this card stayed with me. This, for me, is a true moment of perfection, Carla.