Monday, September 9, 2013

Hey Cupcake!

 I used a favorite trick of mine for this card, and that is to use vellum to tone down crazy bright designer paper. I trimmed the vellum a little smaller than the DP so you can really get the impact of it, but in a small, easy to digest dose. I used Gina K. designs Sweetest Blessings, and label dies from A Muse Studio.
 I have been loving yellow for a month or two, which is a new thing for me. One of the reasons has to be this Authentique pad. I love every piece of paper in it-they are all yellow and gray. I also added some vintage seam binding. This is a narrower width than is typical. The stamps are GKD Spring Mix. The tag is, well, I can't remember, but it's super cool, and it came with a lot of other cool tags of various shapes and sizes.
 I used the Smackin' Acetate technique here, which is just so fun! This darling stamp is GKD Eclectic Summer.
 Another Eclectic Summer card. How cute is that fish?
Another Eclectic Summer card. I have made at least a dozen cards with this little barrel. The white ink is WPlus9, and I like it quite a bit. White ink, as you know if you are an experienced stamper, is hard to make well. I think WPlus9 did a good job on this one.

We are having a little Indian Summer here, and by that I mean: my house is hot! How about you? Are you seeing fall temps yet?

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

awesome cards! It's been in the 70's for us which is pretty warm.