Saturday, September 21, 2013

Gamsol Magic Daisies and Other Technique Cards

 I used the Gamsol Magic technique to color these flowers, it's still one of my favorite techniques. I like to try new techniques, but I hardly ever do one more than once. This one I have kept up since I first learned it. It's a very satisfying way to color. I used Gina K. Designs Eclectic Summer Stamp TV kit here. Everything is from the kit except the SU! cardstock and the button.
 This is another Eclectic Summer card, this time using the Polished Stone technique. It's the same background as the cupcake card yesterday. I used Ranger metallic fixatives and alcohol inks, and they work beautifully. You don't have to wait forever for them to dry like you do if you use pigment ink. They also dry ulra-shiny and shimmery.
 Different color reinkers for this card, same technique. I used A Muse Studio reinkers for this background, and they don't work. They won't dry, so don't waste them or your time trying Polished Stone with them. I had to pour clear embossing powder over this one and emboss it to seal the ink. They are also not shimmery, they have a very chalky finish, which I love to stamp with, but don't like much with this technique.
 This one is crayon resist. Just color parts of your image with a white crayon, then sponge ink on top. The colored parts resist the ink, leaving the original cardstock to show though. The white ink is WPlus9, the cardstock is A Muse Studio.
 This rather odd gatefold card sold quickly in my Etsy shop. It's very interesting to me what is popular there. I'll make a card I'm very proud of, and it will languish in my shop for months. Then a card like this sells right away. I can't figure it out.
I hope you can stop by tomorrow for the 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday sketch! It's a good one!

No comments: