Friday, April 15, 2011

Harmony

 The older I get, the more I like HARMONY, and I don't mean the singing kind, although I like that, too. I just feel a little less like always making my viewpoint known, whatever the cost, and a little more like listening to the viewpoints of others. In most cases, once you cast off egos and whatnot, you can reach a sort of harmony. It's nice.
 This picture is overexposed. Expert photographer I'm not, but the Artistic Outpost image is beautiful. Complex in detail, simple in mood, I've loved this stamp from the first time I saw it. See a better view here.
 Authentic German glass glitter. I bought a ginormous bag and am selling reasonable portions in my Etsy shop. This stuff is so pretty, and because it's actual silver, it tarnishes in a charming, graceful way. Delightful stuff I tell ya!
 I make fairly elaborate bookmarks, but these aren't them. Here, I've just let the pretty papers do all the talking.
More of that pretty paper, this time in little gift cards. These come with their own tiny envelopes. You sort of want to squeal when you see them. I don't squeal of course, because I'm way too sophisticated for that. Plus, I teach junior high, so I've usually endured my quota of squealing by the time I get home.

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

very fun!!! So it looks like you jumped on the A Muse Studio wagon?!!! Can't wait to see your stuff!!!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I could squeal over those little cards! Love them. You made me smile about your jr high comment. Don't know how you do it girl. You deserve way more than what you earn. My hat's off to you!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Carla,
What a beautiful blog AND creations!!! I saw your story on Tammy's blog and loved it and wanted to come over and become a follower. Have a wonderful weekend!
XO
Cindy

Noelle Reese said...

BEAUTIFUL! I like Harmony as well, we will continue to get along just fine LOL
I love your cards and I have been attending VB games with so many squealing girls I am all squealed out LOL I have never heard of glass glitter before! Save me a bag please :)
ILY

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Hi Carla! I'm visiting from Beatrice Bank's blog.

I agree with your perspective on "harmony." Living peaceably is more important than being heard. God's wisdom always brings harmony! ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Oh SO fAb.. jOjO said...

very pretty! You do an amzing job! I love your first card up thier!

Lori Barnett said...

Hi Carla! I clicked over here to your blog from the A|S Lounge. I just have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your style! I love all the details you put on things. I could look on here for HOURS!!!

Kamila said...

Hi Carla! I'm echoing what Lori said. Beautiful cards!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful projects....I've been sent by momo isn't she fabulous...i'm your newest follower and would love for you to drop by my blog..www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

Sandy O said...

What a lovely feminine card you have one top of the post. Stunning. I love the soft colors.