Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Christmas in July on Etsy!

I'd really like to encourage everyone to stop by Etsy and maybe do some early Christmas shopping. More than 700 shops are running sales up through the 25th. Why not support handmade and give one of a kind gifts this year?
I was just gettin' jiggy with some Sassafrass Lass on this one. Do you see the old SU! stamp? I have dragged that little set out and have been using it lately. People outside the stamping world have no idea this stamp is "old." I had to add Orange Peel Stickles accents-it's one of my favorite colors, it's super sparkly and very orange. Stickles is on sale at Creative Play Stamps for $1.59. That's about as good as it gets.
This one is kind of old school, but it sold on Etsy, so I was pleased.
The kinds of things I sell on Etsy and the kinds of things we stampers go crazy for aren't always the same.
These were a custom order for a baby shower. They went on a banner or something. I can't remember exactly, but my customer had a really cute idea, and she bought stuff from two or three Etsy shops for the shower. The glitter I used is Art Accent's Angel Dust. It's just like Dazzling Diamonds, just so ya know! CPS has a large selection of glitter from many companies. I drool over it regularly.

I hope you are having a terrific summer. We're having fish tacos for dinner, I hope they're good, because I'm hungry!

4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I think everything is fantastic! I also love fish tacos and you! I am happy to see you posting!

Michele Kovack said...

Love your cards and tags! Beautiful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Carla,
As always, your creations are special. Wonderful designs. Awesome work, my friend!

~jan said...

What wonderful cards, Carla!