Saturday, September 19, 2009

Batty about you!


This is for this week's Get Sketchy challenge. It was a hard but fun challenge, and I hope to play again. I didn't get the sketch exactly-it's a HARD one! I also DID NOT do the bonus, which was NO designer paper! Can you imagine? That's just crazy talk! I cracked open my brand new Cosmo Cricket Haunted paper and went to town-I love that stuff! The whole kit is on sale right now, I was really stoked by the deal I got!

I used my very favorite snail of all time, it's from Dog Gone Stamps. Don't you just love his expression? I also cracked open my brand new Alexandrite Glass Shards Art Glitter. I have wanted some of this stuff for years, but I have so much glitter, I was trying to show restraint. I finally broke down and got this color, I thought it would be great fun on Halloween cards, and it is! If you don't have any of this stuff, you should try it out. It's a lot different than regular glitter. It's much heavier and has less static, so it's less messy. I used Designer Dries Clear to adhere it to my card.

We are off to Parker today to return DH's little brother's camper. They let us take it to New Orleans to drop DS off, and we're just now getting it back to them. It was pretty nice to have for the trip. It's one of the ones with the camper and truck all in one so you can walk around, take a nap, get a drink, and go to the bathroom while barreling down the highway towards your destination! Love it! I want one, only a little smaller than theirs.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some nice glitter you've got there Carla! What a cute card!

~amy~ said...

fabulous halloween card Carla....LOVE , LOVE, the glitter!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your mojo is rockin'! This is such a fun card with awesome details. Love the art glitter!

Debby said...

How great is that! I love it!

Justine said...

Well now that sounds like the way to travel. What fun! Don't be jealous of this holiday because so far, it stinks, I wanna go home where I have something to do. Maybe this place is too much like Sicily or maybe I just want my hubby to be here with me. It is wet and I think cold but probably isn't really cold but no way I'm putting on a swimsuit.
BTW, this card is so cute, I love that image and you colored it so amazingly beautiful

Heather said...

Wow- that is really interesting card. I like the combo of the image and colors and paper. That is a really neat snail image.

Carolina said...

Just too fun beyond belief! the glitz just adds so much and the snail is adorable...can a snail be adorable? Not sure but this one is!