Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thank You Verve!!! Now to make my choice...


This gorgeous flower is from Cornish Heritage Farms' Shady Tree Studio line. It's called Large Bloom. It's just the right size for the focal point of an A2 card. Plus, it's beautiful, and so easy to color. Here, I colored it to match these crazy designer papers, which might be American Crafts. I didn't have a whole piece of any of these, so I'm not sure. They are thin and double sided, if you know what they are, LMK and I'll edit.

I used another butterfly die cut from Creative Cuts and More. It's cut from DoubleMates, so I have two color choises for each one-pretty cool, huh?

Why do I have paper I don't know about? I used to be a member of Self-Addressed. They sent wonderful card kits and had such terrific prices. The thing is, I didn't write down the makers every month because that was pre-blog and publish. Now I keep everything in its original packaging so I always know who made it. This drives my baby sister crazy, but that is just a bonus, of course. The only downfall of kit clubs is that they send colors I would NEVER buy on my own-like these colors for instance. I figure it's good for me to get out of my comfort zone now and then!

I especially love this card, because I won a free Verve set with it!!! I am pretty stoked because I only have one Verve set and I like it a lot. I have no idea how I will choose just one more set. I've been thinking about it, and I think it would be wrong to expect my free set to travel all the way to CO by itself. Just wrong, I tell ya! Don't you agree?

I used Verve's Abundant Blessings on this card. It's a gorgeous and versatile set. It embosses beautifully-and no conditioning! This image is my first try with this stamp, right off the sheet. Perfect. These bold/fine images can be hard to emboss perfectly, but it wasn't a problem here. EVERY time I want a black image that will either be watercolored or left alone I use my VersaFine Onyx and SU! Crystal Clear powder. It's a fool proof combo-take it from me, I can be pretty foolish!!

I used Bazzill Bling in Black Tie and Sugar Daddy for this card. Bling is one of my favorite cardstocks, and I get all mine at Creative Cuts and More.

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey You...happy weekend...what fantastic cards for today! Your Large Bloom cards reminds me of summer...such fun colors. The Abundant Blessings card is richly elegant...woo hoo for free goodies!!!!

Justine said...

Which Verve set are you going to be getting?Verve has quickly become one of my very favorites. I liked the Crafty Secrets. I actually have several that I need to play around with, 2 of them are Christmas. The little girl with the bouquet was difficult to color because there was so much detail and looking at the stamped image and just the stamp, you really can't see all of the detail until you accidentally color a flower as you would a leaf. I have always LOVED their stamps and that whole Shabby Chic look and feel. I am hoping to get to break in that one a bit more this week.

Darlene said...

How do you find the time??? Hope your new house is treating you well... these cards are awesome and I LOVE the black/white/blue one!! GREAT job!

Michele Kovack said...

Wow! Both are fabulous!!! : )

Carolina said...

Man when you are back, you are back! Love these cards...both striking!!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

my fave is the top one, the colors, oh my! Boy I've been a way for a week and see all the lovlies you have made!