Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday Tulips~Scroll down for blog candy!!


I got this Hero Arts Tulip stamp in a big lot from eBay a year or so ago. I think it's really pretty, and it won't be back on eBay for quite a while! The sentiment is from A Chemistry With Paper's All Year Bag Toppers. The title is a little deceptive. What I really use it the most for is all the terrific sentiments. They are all in different fonts, too, which I like.

I used Confetti Cream as my base and added some retired SU! DP. I colored the image with markers and a touch of Niji watercolors. To make my hat pin, I just glued a couple of pearls on the end with Diamond Glaze. Works like a charm, and for a FRACTION of the cost of the Pretties kit! Can you see my frugal nature coming out?

Creative Play Stamps carries Dusty Concord Distress Ink, and all the Stickles, and what's life without sparkle?

The Creative Cuts and More Blog Candy will be open until Thursday! So if you havn't hopped, please do, it's fun!!

6 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a pretty card and so well done. Colors look wonderful together and the detailing is perfect.

~amy~ said...

The tulip image is so pretty...check you out being all resourceful..the hatpin is fabulous!

Darlene said...

WOW Carla ... you really made those tulips POP right off the card!! GREAT job of coloring and the colors you chose are PERFECT!! Love it!!

Chrissy D said...

This is STUNNING Carla! TFS!

Etha said...

I am slowly working my way "down" in your posts towards the blog candy which I *think* I entered already LOL....
love the dots on this card in combination with the dotted ribbon, very pretty!

Debby said...

I hace those watercolors. I really need to break them out. Every time you use them I am in awe. This is beautiful. I'm running out of adjectives for your work.